ATC's

ATC's
Artist Trading Cards I have Created

Friday, July 5, 2019

Recycled Box to Trash Can

Yep I made a trash can.  Why well a new family moved to Tennessee and
several in the community have made donations to set them up in a home with
 everything that they need.
Only 3 trash cans were bought.  1 for Kitchen, and 1 for each of the 2 bathrooms.

But none for the teenagers bedrooms or for the Living room.  Not sure if everyone has trash cans for all of the rooms in there house, but our family does.   I could of gone to the store and bought 2 more trash cans, but me being one that loves crafts decided upon this.

I started with 2 used USPS priority boxes.
I covered them with Paper Mache' first.  I did the old fashion way we did as kids using a mixture of flour and water.  Now what was really weird that NEVER do I remember happening before.  Is the finished product which I will show shortly.  Looked like I has put a crackle paint over the boxes.  I painted them white several coats and finally got the cracks to go away somewhat.

Here is a picture of what I am telling you about.
yes you still see the crackle, but not all broken apart as much.  Before painting white it looked like the paper mache part would just fall off the box.

Now this one is not finished yet,but it is the above box painted white.
You might wonder what the little mountain/ built up areas are on the side.  I want to have a bit of dimension to this one.  That will be the center of some flowers.

LOL I've been piling stuff inside to clean off my couch.  Once I get done working on the Diamond Dot Painting I am doing right now, I will finish this project.  (check other posts coming soon about 5D Diamond Dot Paintings.)

Now the other box I didn't put any dimensions.  I covered it with Scrapbook paper.
I wish I had thought to take a close up of the box before I covered it.  The strip down the middle on the front came on to cover up where the box comes together.  I had not covered that area enough with the Paper Mache' so it kind of dented in there.
Below tells what was done.
Here is the Butterfly Box I made a couple years ago.  This stared out as a box that dog food came in.
These boxes are really thick and sturdy.  I have used them for all kinds of things.  lol
Including the Box below that my family and I call the Butterfly Box.  Which is where our postage stamps and a few other like items are.  So I say it's in the Butterfly box.  So much easier to explain than it is on the book shelf 2nd one over in the dinning room beside the kitchen wall.  Top shelf at the far end.  lol
I spoke above about using a thicker material on the top edges. 
instead of Card Board I used matte board that is used for all kinds of things including in framing a photo or license etc.

I hope you enjoyed reading and looking at my latest creations.

Thanks for Checking out my blog.

Please Subscribe to me    aka    FOLLOW ME. 
 Just click on the little button to the left of this that says Follow Me.  

If you subscribe to my blog site you will then get updates when I add more art or another post.

Comments are Welcome.

No comments: