ATC's

ATC's
Artist Trading Cards I have Created

Friday, February 12, 2021

Late Post Christmas Brooches

 Brooches for December 2020 Senior Living Home.

Yes I am very late posting these but thought some of you might enjoy seeing what I made this year for the Seniors.  Ok last year around I think January I found a place that sold things that were sent back to places like Amazon.  I bought these for like 50 cents for a dozen.  But forgot to look for more.  So first here are the ones created with the stockings I bought on sale.

Click Photos below to see larger print.

For a few close ups

The packages at the top are thank you cards here are some pics

So here are the tags I created and cut out some of the gift tags in a different shape.  I used cardboard from Cereal boxes and some shiny gift wrap and ribbon I found that someone sent to me.  The Tags above I traced the Large bow making a template.  I cut out 12 like them.  I used Stampin Up Marker Olive Green and then painted on a glitter glue.  I had to do 3 coats to cover it to look like I wanted.  The Ribbon down the middle was Glitter Washi Tape.  These were so much fun to make.  Oh also I used my heat gun to dry the Green bows in between each coat.

I also ran out of Gingerbread men.  So I had to find my piece of cork someone gave me and make my own Gingerbread Men.  they are not as cute as store bought, but well had to do something.

Since I ran out of Stockings I decided to make some from scratch.  I looked through drawers and boxes then I remembered I had a tiny one someone had made me and it gave me an idea on how to make my bigger ones.

Don't remember what the stitching is called but here is a close up photo. 
I also always put my made by on the back of each brooch I make
Making these led me to making tiny ones for my granddaughter Makayla'Jos new doll house.  And Then thought why not for my for my other granddaughter Aleigha's American Dolls.

        Next Problem I ran out of the tiny little Gift Boxes.  So I needed to create more.
Next problem was how.  I used Styrofoam that comes in with things we buy.  Cut them into little cubes.  Used a glue gun to attach wrapping paper.   Learned glue would not hold.  Well I learned that after making several and then going to bed.  It did hold just took hours to dry.  My little assembly line went so much faster once I thought about Hot glue.  
Next was the bows on tope.  What a mess and so hard until the end.  I figured out to cut strips and glue on.  Then tie the little bow out of a piece.  Then attach it to my box.  I think I used the Bunny Ears method to tie my bows.  And then well just had to make package for my girls.
Well I hope you enjoyed this blog.

Thanks for Checking out my blog.

Please Subscribe to me    aka    FOLLOW ME. 
 Just click on the little button to the left of this that says Follow Me.  

If you subscribe to my blog site you will then get updates when I add more art or another post.

Comments are Welcome.



No comments: